Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have filled necessary doc's for card am waiting for bio…

Customer Question
I have filled necessary...

I have filled necessary doc's for green card am waiting for bio own a paving company in New Jersey is there any paperwork I can fill out to get my permanent residence quicker ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

I am just waiting for the bio metrix appointment which should arrive within next month or two. Can't go back to Ireland right now would have to stay there if I visit I am ok here though

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

Not this issue . Does owning a company make any difference?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just had this question

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/18/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What is the basis of your green card?

BUSINESS VISA EXPIRED AFTER 10 YEARS OF GOING BACK AND FORTH TO IRELAND

You are talking about U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency? Through which exact basis?

DONT UNDERSTAND EXACT BASIS ? That I now own a company doing business in N.J.? If it doesn't matter about the company it's ok I will just continue to wait but if it does please let me know.

So you have invested $1,000,000 or more in a company and have created 10 or more jobs for U.S. workers and thus getting your green card through EB-5? Or you are doing it through EB-1C as an intercompany owner, executive or high level manager?

EB-5 JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF OWNING A COMPANY MAKES ANY DIFFERENCE ?

Of course it makes a difference, but what is your current status? And how much have you invested? And how many full-time jobs have you created for U.S. workers for that company?

100,000 + 7 JOBS

What is your current status in the U.S.? E-1? E-2? L-1A?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.