Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have filled necessary doc's for card am waiting for bio…

Customer Question
I have filled necessary...

I have filled necessary doc's for green card am waiting for bio own a paving company in New Jersey is there any paperwork I can fill out to get my permanent residence quicker ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

I am just waiting for the bio metrix appointment which should arrive within next month or two. Can't go back to Ireland right now would have to stay there if I visit I am ok here though

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

Not this issue . Does owning a company make any difference?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just had this question

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/18/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What is the basis of your green card?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
BUSINESS VISA EXPIRED AFTER 10 YEARS OF GOING BACK AND FORTH TO IRELAND

You are talking about U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency? Through which exact basis?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
DONT UNDERSTAND EXACT BASIS ? That I now own a company doing business in N.J.? If it doesn't matter about the company it's ok I will just continue to wait but if it does please let me know.

So you have invested $1,000,000 or more in a company and have created 10 or more jobs for U.S. workers and thus getting your green card through EB-5? Or you are doing it through EB-1C as an intercompany owner, executive or high level manager?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
EB-5 JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF OWNING A COMPANY MAKES ANY DIFFERENCE ?

Of course it makes a difference, but what is your current status? And how much have you invested? And how many full-time jobs have you created for U.S. workers for that company?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
100,000 + 7 JOBS

What is your current status in the U.S.? E-1? E-2? L-1A?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Ely, Counselor at Law