Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a question. My sister has a child with a non citizen,

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question. My sister has a child with a non citizen, He's been living in the US since he was a child but never got citizenship. Since he started working hes been doing under the table jobs and never paid any taxes and a few years ago he was using a fake SSN. Is there anything I can do about this? Hes going after my sister for money when he makes 10xs as much as she does

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

No I havent. I dont know where to start

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

I'm trying to do what I can on my own, cant afford a lawyer at the moment

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He's also trying to gain custody over her son when he has a history of violence and is under a strict custody agreement

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/18/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Is there anything that you can do about what? Getting him deported, you mean?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Deported, in trouble with the IRS, Stop of his having any rights over his son. Anything
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am caring for the child at the moment because my sister is unwell at the moment due to poor life choices. I have temporary guardianship
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to know exactly what kind of lawyer to speak with.

Well, regardless of him being deported, he will always have rights to his child unless a court terminates his parental rights and that is not easy to do. It would have to be proven that he is a danger to the child and often an extreme danger because visitations can still be granted even if supervised. Custody and visitation will NOT prevent him from being deported. As far as a deportation, he is always at risk of deportation, but you have to try to make him a priority for deportation. If he gets convicted of tax fraud or worse, domestic violence or a similarly serious enough crime, he would become a priority for deportation. So you or your sister or whomever he hurts/violates, etc. need to report him to the police. You should also report him to ICE. Here is a link:

https://www.ice.gov/webform/hsi-tip-form

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know that he already has lawyers. Him and his mother sue people for a living as well

Ok. That isn't going to prevent his deportation, just delay it. As I said, if he gets convicted of a serious enough crime, that would certainly accelerate the process of getting him deported.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.