Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My mum is a principal beneficial and I and my siblings are…

Customer Question
My mum is a...

My mum is a principal beneficial and I and my siblings are derivative Beneficiary. I was under 21 when the petition was filled for her and our priority date would soon become current. I'm now 31 and married with kids. What are my chances? Cos I have waited for this all my life. I read that if I'm married that I have no chance. But I strongly believe that there could still be a way. Kindly advice accordingly.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

Paper work as in what?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Our priority date isn't current yet but with the predictions it will soon be current.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/18/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin,
 replied 1 month ago

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Why do you strongly believe there is a chance? Who petitioned for your mother? Are you outside of the U.S.? What country are you from?

replied 1 month ago

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Who petitioned for your mother? Are you outside of the U.S.? What country are you from?

Ely, Counselor at Law