Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My mum is a principal beneficial and I and my siblings are…

Customer Question
My mum is a...

My mum is a principal beneficial and I and my siblings are derivative Beneficiary. I was under 21 when the petition was filled for her and our priority date would soon become current. I'm now 31 and married with kids. What are my chances? Cos I have waited for this all my life. I read that if I'm married that I have no chance. But I strongly believe that there could still be a way. Kindly advice accordingly.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

Paper work as in what?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Our priority date isn't current yet but with the predictions it will soon be current.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/18/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Why do you strongly believe there is a chance? Who petitioned for your mother? Are you outside of the U.S.? What country are you from?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Who petitioned for your mother? Are you outside of the U.S.? What country are you from?