Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My son is Canadian and living in the LA area 5 years and Has…

My son is Canadian...

My son is Canadian and living in the LA area 5 years and Has gone from a student visa to now being on a TN 1 visa. He teaches 1st year college chemistry at a private college. His American girl friend is expecting their baby shortly and they want to marry at the end of July. He would like to stay in California and work and needs a strategy to achieve his goal.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the U.S. government?

Ajl

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

Darrel Schultz

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Customer:***@******.***

3/18/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Hi Darrel: will he and his girlfriend be marrying soon?

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Their target date is July 28 2018
Phone call session started

Ok great. Oh I see you requested to escalate this to a phone consult. Did you want me to call you now? And just checking that you understood it's an additional fee apart from the chat room

I understand

I will call you now

Sent follow up info, don’t see it in the chat record

I don't see it either. Can you send again please?

Hi plan until a couple of weeks ago was to return to Canada in August and continue his studies toward a PhD in Canada. In that case his wife to be and child would be needing help coming to Canada. That has changed and his goal now is to remain in California for at least a year working (taking some classes as well). Wedding hoped for July 28, 2018. Baby due March 23...next week

:)