Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

What is the name of the application I would beed if I have…

What is the name of...
What is the name of the application I would beed if I have to pay a Pardon for being in the USA ilegal??
3/18/2018
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

Are you in the US?

Or are you requesting a waiver so you can get a visa to come to the US? What kind of visa? Visitor? Work?

How long were you in the US illegally?

Did you enter the US legally or illegally without a waiver?

Judith

I am in the US since 1991 as a child my parents brought me And I married to a US Citizen in 2013!

Thank you for this helpful information.

You need to file the I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver

https://www.uscis.gov/i-601a

This will not exempt you from having to go back to your home country for your immigrant visa application. However, by filing for the provisional waiver the USCIS makes a decision in advance and the consulate generally honors it. When you get the provisional waiver it saves you a wait of approximately 9-12 months in your home country because the USCIS makes the decision here after your I-130 is approved.

So your husband files the I-130, when it is approved you file the I-601A. When the I-601A is approved then the National Visa Center schedules your immigrant visa waiver in your home country and you generally are able to return within a month.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer