Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Can someone that's been deported before and has priors from…

Customer Question
Can someone that's been...

Can someone that's been deported before and has priors from 1997 and is detene again have a chance to be able get out in a bond from ice

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the U.S. government?

Not that I know

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about removal proceedings?

His public defender said he's gonna do from 6 month to a year for renter

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well he has burgurly 1997 como

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

I need more clarity.

What do you mean priors? Do you mean prior removals? Prior crimes? What crimes?

How did this person enter the US last time? Unlawfully with no visa?

Judith

He's has burgurly charges 1997 did probation .then in 2013 was arrested on a warrant for trafic tickes did 4months then ice picked him up deported came back and on 1 _18_2018 was pulled over by ice

What he did coming back into the US unlawfully after being deported is a criminal violation of the law.

He will not be given bond. The government will not trust him that he will disappear and not show up for his hearing because they will give him jail time for his second unlawful entry after a removal in addition to his crime involving moral turpitude for his charge in 1997.

He would be considered a very poor risk to show up because he faces jail time for unlawful entry after removal. Under Trump ICE is not giving anyone any breaks.

I don't want to give you false hope just to have you feel good when I know it is lying to you.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith

Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 3 months ago

May I answer anything further to earn a positive rating and be paid for my answer?

May I ask where my answer failed a satisfactory answer> No rating no conpensation for me.

Judith

Why could a minor be charge as a adult

There was no mention in your question that the person was a minor when arrested.

You would need to consult a criminal attorney about why he was charged as an adult. That is permissible under some laws, depending on the state. You need a criminal lawyer licensed in the state where he was charged.

Your immigration question had to do with whether he could be given bond by ICE. The reason why he would be denied bond has more to do with the fact he entered the US unlawfully twice and that he is not a good risk to show up for court. The biggest issue is his unlawful entry after removal and not the CMIT.

Trump and his wall and border issues has made unlawful entry after removal a very serious crime. Under prior administrations ICE seldom brought criminal charges for unlawful entry after removal.

If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith