Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I was denied US Citizenship, I've been in the US since the…

Thank you! I...

Thank you! I was denied US Citizenship, I've been in the US since the '80s with permanent resident alien status, my faather was a us citizen and so is my husband, i ignorantly voted in 2000 for Bush, and claimed to be us citizen on a loan application for my husband.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

March 1, i received the denial letter, i have 30 days to respond, i just don't know what to do. No, i have not responded, but I'm obviously running out of time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The loan application was for my husband who is a us citizen, i forgot i did it for him, and i told the officer i had claimed to be a us citizen. nothing else.

3/17/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

you can call me if you want

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

It is an additional fee for a phone call. Anyway, when did you make the loan application?

Phone call session started
The loan application was done in July 2017, and its been approved and closed.

That's a shame. I will call you in about 5 minutes or so. Thank you for your patience.

In the meantime, please review the following:

http://myattorneyusa.com/uscis-pm-on-inadmissibility-for-falsely-claiming-us-citizenship-4-waivers

I will call you in a few minutes.

thank you.

My pleasure.

You can look for an attorney at www.ailalawyer.com and www.avvo.com.

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!