Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I'm a Canadian citizen, I am married to an American. in 2011…

Customer Question
Hello my name is...

Hello my name is ***** ***** i'm a Canadian citizen, I am married to an American. in 2011 I was removed from the united states for 5 years for working in the states with out a visa. my husband came to Canada and he received his residency here. Now that the 5 years are up for me I can come and go to the states as a visitor but I need to get my residency in the states to maybe go back in the future. can you help me with my situation?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Back in 2011 my husband filed for 1-130 Petition for Alien Relative it was being processed but one of the requirements was for him to be working full time but he wasn't at the time because he was waiting for his residency to go through here in Canada.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

No this is why i'm trying to contact somebody that could help me?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How will he or she be contacting me thru?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/17/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Sure, what is your specific question about the situation?

Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 3 months ago

HI again. I am happy to help you but I would need to know what your question is exactly so I can answer you.

??