Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Our I-130 got approved last October 2010 and says awaiting…

Customer Question
Our I-130 got approved...

Our I-130 got approved last October 2010 and says awaiting for visa number but till now we have not received anyword

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

They requested our birthcertificates and marriage contract i think around 2006? then october 2010 we got an email that we are already approved but visa number limitation

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?

This is what we got *** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.Receipt Number: WAC0325853119Application Type: I130, PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVEYour Case Status: Initial ReviewOn April 18, 2017, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I130, PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE, Receipt Number WAC0325853119, because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice immediately. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.Sincerely,The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)National Customer Service Center 1-***-***-**** TDD for the Hearing Impaired 1-***-***-**** no we have not talked to any lawyer or whatnot as they say no follow up etc

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I called my mmother in-law to call USCIS but told me they just said to wait

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/17/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

You are the U.S. Citizen?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

You are the U.S. Citizen?