Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a question on my citizenship application. I have been…

I have a question...

I have a question on my citizenship application

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

I have been married twice but both annulled for more than 10 years now

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?

Not yet I have everything good except for this one question on how many marriages I have had

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My marriage to my second husband had an overlap prior to the release of my annulment papers

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

So what questions do you have for me?

Hello Guillermo
I am processing my citizenship application and everything is good except for one question on how many marriages i'v had. In that case, I had two and both have already been annulled. Only that, my 2nd marriage had an overlap with the release date of my first marriage. The form is asking for support. So this is my problem now because I don't know if this will affect my citizenship.
Please advise.
Phone call session started
by the way, what is the $59? and what is the $48?
What time are you calling me?

The $48 is just for the Q&A session that is what we are doing. The $59 is to upgrade to a phone call with me which is supposed to be private meaning not an open forum like this. It is an upgrade because if we speak on the phone, I cannot attend other customers at the same time like I can do with a Q&A session. Do you want to continue with the phone call?

But since i am no last nger going to the wuestion and answer on chat instead we will be having a call, why would i still be charge of the $48?
I don't think this is effective. I would like to cancel this transaction.

Because the $59 is an UPGRADE, not a separate fee, per se.

ok, so what time can you call I am going somewhere. thank you

I will call right now. Give me a moment.

Thank you, Guillermo.
Appreciate your advice and have a nice weekend.

You are very welcome! You have a nice weekend too! Remember, for this subject, please come back here and post a reply so you are not charged again. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!