Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Is a person who was brought to America as a child in 1980…

Is a person who...

Is a person who was brought to America as a child in 1980 who was 8 years old & went to school in Kansas are they able to be legalized under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have they taken? Have they filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

They have done nothing because they thought they would be deported.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they talked to a lawyer about removal proceedings?

No

3/17/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Thank you so much!!!!!

Unfortunately that amnesty is no longer available. They would have to have applied at the time it was enacted.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Thank you so much. I was hoping it would help her.
Are there any other good options for her?

Is she married to a US citizen or permanent resident?

Does she have US citizen children over 21?

No she is not married to a citizen or resident. She has 3 kids all born in USA that are 8, 11 & 13.

Unfortunately, she would have to have one of those above and they can petition her- either a spouse or US citizen child over 21

Ok. Thank you for your information.

No worries.