Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Sorry, trying to locate a lawyer I used a couple years ago…

Sorry, trying to locate...

Sorry, trying to locate a lawyer I used a couple years ago to help with my wife's expired green card and was stuck in Brazil.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes. she is here for two years waiting. We have filed I-751 but was told not enough evidence of married. I we summited more information and now a year later have interview set for March 29.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?

Not sense he gave me the information on how to get the green card ext. which we did get to get her home.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just more information on evidence. Like how many checking statements to bring, etc

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What questions do you have for me?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not sure if you remember me but you help be get my wife back to the States after over staying in Brazil. After all this time we received anI-751 Interview appoint March 29 2018. Just would like more information on what evidence I need to bring?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can call after 5 Eastern time if that is ok?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Money isn't a problem. I still at work.

Sure.

Here is a list of things that I like to give my clients and I know that you may not have all of these things, but the more you have, the better it is.

A letter where you describe, in a very detailed fashion, the circumstances in which you met your spouse, the reasons you married, and the feelings and emotions that you have towards your spouse, and why.
If you have a child or children together, the birth certificate for each child.
Wedding pictures and pictures of other moments when you and your spouse, and other members of your families and friends have been together.
Very detailed letters from people who know you and your spouse and who are witnesses that your marriage was valid, who were at your wedding, or who knew you as a married couple.
Love letters or cards that you received from your spouse while in the relationship.
Letters from people addressed to both you and your spouse, or in which the person who wrote the letter refers to both of you as a couple.
Any types of documents that have both your names on them that show that you bought a car, a house, furniture, or anything else together.
Any rental or lease agreements for your home or apartment with both of your names on it or a letter from the building manager or owner proving that you lived together.
Bank or financial statements that show that you had or have a savings or checking account together.
Any insurance documents that show that you were or still are covered by your spouse's insurance plan, or that your plan covers or covered him or her.
Bills, such as electricity, water, heat, cable TV, phone, or others that show both you and your spouse's names.
Jointly-filed Income tax papers (both your names).
An identification card that shows that shows a common address.
Membership cards for video clubs, grocery stores or similar businesses, that show joint membership.
Any other documents that prove your relationship.

A phone call is probably not necessary.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks your great help in the past. I would still like to talk over phone. if possible

Ok. I will send that offer now. Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!

Actually, it won't let me send it yet. I'll try again when the system allows me.

Phone call session started
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.