Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I would like to ask you for my mom applying for B2 visa! Not…

Customer Question
Thanks! I would like...

Thanks! I would like to ask you for my mom applying for B2 visa!

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Not yet!

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the B-2 visa?

No i am looking for a lawyer to get good guidance

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want my mother to visit me! She has her visa refused before but at that time we applied as family

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/16/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 5 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What is your current status in the U.S.? Why was she refused the visa?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Sorry for late reply! My green card application just approved and we are in waiting to get our green card! She was refused because my whole family applied two years back! My sister and father as well! Plus i have not even travelled back home for once!
Now i have travelled back home and she is planning to apply alone! My sister is busy with her job and my father is busy in his business! They can't come!

So basically, they think that maybe your mother would be a risk to stay in the U.S. illegally until you become a U.S. Citizen and can apply for her to become a Lawful Permanent Resident too?