Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I'm a spouse who suffered domestic violence by my Lpr

I'm a spouse who...

I'm a spouse who suffered domestic violence by my Lpr husband I'd like to know what are my chances under the Vawa program to self petition

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Hiw can I get help?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What evidence will you be able to submit in regards ***** ***** abuse?

Police reports, scars and other emotional abuse evidence such as conceiving a child outside the marriage and other forms of text messages to several women
Phone call session started

Here is the official link:

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/battered-spouse-children-parents

Links to the I-360, I-485 and I-765 are found on that main page.

And here is a link to a good document that should provide a guide:

https://www.nwirp.org/Documents/FillingAnI-360Self-Petition.pdf

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!