Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My son is a medical student in US with fiancee in Pakistan.

My son is a...

My son is a medical student in US with fiancee in Pakistan. She was turned down for visitor visa based on not having strong ties to her country. My Son will have a 3 week period off from school when he can fly to Pakistan and marry her. What is the easiest and quickest way to get her back to US a K-3 by filing the I-130 and then the I-129 or by filing for IR1 or CR1?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the U.S. government?

Nothing after her original visitor visa forms.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

We had planned on filing for a K1 (even though they have not met in the last 2 years) but now they think it will be faster to to get married now and get spousal visa

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

3/16/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

ok
I prefer to type. So What do you think about the above questions...
Are you still there?

No problem. I'm not the one that offers you the call, it's the website. WE can answer you here. I am preparing your answer.

QUESTION: What is the easiest and quickest way to get her back to US a K-3 by filing the I-130 and then the I-129 or by filing for IR1 or CR1?

The fastest way to get a foreign partner into the US is usually the fiance visa K-1. If he goes to see his fiance in person then they will fulfill the seeing each other in the last two years requirement. The K-1 takes about 6- 9 months for the foreigner to come to the US. For this , he submit the I-129F application.

It takes longer with the CR-1 visa. The IR-1 is not an option. That is for a couple that has been married more than 2 years. In this case, it would be the CR-1 visa. This option takes about 9 months to a year right now. For this, he submits the I-130 application.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
What about the k3. It reads on the immigration page like he could marry her and bring her back to the US as a non immigrant spouse and then change the status when they get back in the US... a month. Is that not so?
Still waiting for answer to above question.
Hello?

I will be right with you.

The K-3 visa is started the same as the CR-1 visa using form I-130. Once you get the receipt notice for the I-130, then you would file the I-129F to try to get the K-3 visa. The problem is that if the I-130 form gets approved before the I-129F is approved, then the I-129F will be null and void and you lose the money and have no choice but to continue with the CR-1 visa. The trend recently for years has been that the I-130 will be approved first and therefore the I-129F will be null and void.

Hope that helps.

Ok. thank you

You're very welcome.