Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My I-94 is expiring on April 17th and My U.S citizen son has…

Customer Question
My I-94 is expiring...

My I-94 is expiring on April 17th and My U.S citizen son has filed for i130, I 485 and EAD. I’ve done the biometrics back in December .. and He has applied for my travel document as well but I haven’t heard anything from uscis. Would I still be able to stay in US legally? And what will be my status?And if I leave without over staying (meaning leaving before my i94 expires) what will happen to my green card case?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes my i130,EAD and i485 has been applied

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?

No

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/16/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 1 month ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Yes, you are allowed to legally remain inside the US now because you have an I-485 pending. This gives you temporary legal status to remain in the US until you get a decision. However, you cannot travel outside the US or your case will be considered abandoned and you must start again and lose the fees you paid. And you likely must then wait outside while you do it. I strongly suggest you do not leave the US now.

All applications are very delayed right now and taking about 4-5 months. You should be hearing back soon about the travel document.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
once I get my travel document would I still be able to leave us? Even if my i485 is still pending?

Yes, once you get the travel document you can leave the US and safely return even if your I-485 is still pending.

I hope this helps and hope you can kindly issue a good rating today.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How long will I be able to stay outside of us on my travel document?

It will state it on your travel document when you get it but usually you can stay a few weeks.

Please kindly don't forget the rating. Thanks for your consideration.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is there going to be an interview for green card?

Yes, there will be.

Hope that you can kindly issue the rating today.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.

Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 28 days ago

??

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney