Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Well I have DACA and I also have a Selective service number,

Customer Question
Well I have DACA...

Well I have DACA and I also have a Selective service number, am I able to join the Navy?

Lawyer's Assistant: No, you can ask a one off question to try things out.

Can I join the Navy with DACA?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

No I have no.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

No I haven’t.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that’s it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Yes, you can serve in the military with DACA.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."