Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

We just filed my husbands I-601 (provisional waiver to a…

We just filed my husbands...
We just filed my husbands I-601 (provisional waiver to a prospective ground of inadmissibility that will be triggered upon his departure from the U.S. to Honduras for his immigrant-visa interview). Honduras is too dangerous, my husband has been here for 14 years. Is there any way he can have the interview in the US for fear for his life?? We have a 3 year old daughter. Im afraid we will get notified of his interview date in Honduras and he will refuse to go thereby wasting all the time and money put into this and he will remain illegal......HELP!!
3/15/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

DID YOU RECEIVE THE FILE I JUST SENT?
No phone call thank you

No worries. That's the website that offers you the call, not me. I can help you here. Yes looking at the file now.

I have not received an answer

Unfortunately I will not have good news about this either. There is no possibility to do the interview here inside the US. The law states that a person that entered without status, like your husband, can only get a green card outside the US. It is not possible for it to be issued to him inside the US that is why he has to go out for an interview. There is no way to do the interview here. He will only have to go out for 1-2 weeks max if his waiver is approved before.

I'm sorry, wish I had better news. I hope you can understand that I don't make the laws and I can't change them.

Hope you can rate based on the service and not on good or bad news.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
I understand... thank you

You're very welcome and best of luck.