Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Have question regarding visiting india after 6yrs for h1b…

Have question regarding visiting...

Have question regarding visiting india after 6yrs for h1b stamping

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the U.S. government?

Yes...

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the H-1B visa?

I have approved h1b petition and i-140

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My question is it safe to travel now for stamping to india ok

3/15/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

H-1B visa stamping in India is never a good idea. Many cases are placed into Administrative Processing and there is no way to guarantee that will not happen. But if you have never had an H-1B visa stamp before and you need to travel internationally, then you really have no choice. Just take a complete copy of your H-1B file with you and your last few paycheck stubs to show you have been maintaining your status. If you have had a previous H-1B visa stamp, then consider going to Canada or Mexico for re-stamping.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks for the response. I am a full time employee will it still be a problem?

Sorry for the delay. I just saw your follow-up question. It should not be a problem that you are a full-time employee. Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!