Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I hold a USA passport. And a Lebanese one. Can I apply for a…

Customer Question
I hold a USA...

I hold a USA passport. And a Lebanese one. Can I apply for a us visa on my Lebanese one

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Haven’t done anything. Was just wondering if can enter on my Lebanese passport. Let’s say if I lost my us kne and didn’t have time to get a new one

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The issue is I owe back taxes and worry about entry on my USA passport

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/15/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Ok
hi

You can try to do this, but the US embassy may know that you are US citizen when you apply and if you lie, they can accuse you of fraud and not issue the visa.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

hi.

Hi. I already responded to you. You can try to do this, but the US embassy may know that you are US citizen when you apply and if you lie, they can accuse you of fraud and not issue the visa.

follow up. is it illegal to not use your us passport? lets say you forgot it

A US citizen would need their passport to board the plane to the US. You would not be allowed to board without it.

Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 3 months ago

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.

???