Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

If my renewed permanent residence card is in the mail, can I…

If my renewed permanent...

If my renewed permanent residence card is in the mail, can I visit the US without it and have couriered to a Us address before returning to Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

I am just going to the States for a visit and have a US visa

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

No there is no need as I travelled there often on the same visa

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

3/15/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

You just need the valid U.S. visa and your passport to visit the U.S. You don't need the Canadian permanent residency.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you that is very helpful