Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I am not able to pinpoint an exact and clear answer

Hello,I am not able to pinpoint an exact and clear answer regarding the below question.Am I legally permitted to hold Canadian, US and Polish Nationality together under each country’s respective laws?I’d like a complete and full answer addressing all nationalities

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

You have 3 open question threads, please close or rate. I am happy to answer after you take action.

Judith

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I believe there is nothing outstanding at this time
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Both US and Canada recognize dual citizenship.

Poland does not recognize dual citizenship but does allow you to become a citizen of a foreign state but only recognize Polish citizenship.

https://www.multiplecitizenship.com/wscl/ws_POLAND.html

Before you can have US citizenship you have to have permanent resident status for either 3 or 5 years depending on how you get your resident status.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Im at the beginning stages of applying for my green card, and on the DS160!im prompted to declare a nationality.1. Will the US have an issue with me declaring Poland and Canada?2. When I finally become a US Citizen, does both Canada and the US recognize multi nationalities ?3. Since Poland only recognizes polish citizenship, will my declarations of Canadian and (eventually) US citizenship be an issue for my Polish nationality ?

1. Will the US have an issue with me declaring Poland and Canada?
Absolutely no problem declaring one or both.
2. When I finally become a US Citizen, does both Canada and the US recognize multi nationalities ?
Yes, both US and Canada recognize dual citizenship.
3. Since Poland only recognizes polish citizenship, will my declarations of Canadian and (eventually) US citizenship be an issue for my Polish nationality ?

Only the Polish government can answer that. I am a US immigration law expert. You need to contact your Polish consulate at that time. Laws change frequently and what is law today may not be law 5 years from now.

If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page.

Judith

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you!