Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

How can you help me renew my us visa. My previous visa

How can you help...

How can you help me renew my us visa. My previous visa expired last month. Had an interview yesterday but was denied bcos they said my husband lied. She asked my husband the longest he has spent in the us 3times. He 2-3wks, and the 5month. But did not remember to mention he lived in the us us for 4years as a student. But it’s stated in our documents that he schooled in the us. We thought she was referring to our recent visits.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

No am not the us now

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I also had a baby and spent 5 months in the us. Did not go with my medical receipt but presented a letter from the hospital stating that my patient responsibility has been paid in full. I

3/15/2018
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

They don't like it when a person uses a tourist visa to enter the U.S. and have a baby. They see it as an abuse of the tourist visa even though there isn't anything illegal about it. Anyway, all you can do is apply again and go through the interview again and prove that you will not stay illegally and that you have strong ties to your home country. You can explain the confusion about your spouse's previous answer at a new interview.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not live in my home country and a stay at home Mum/wife in my resident country So it’s only my husband that can present strong tie to our resident country as he has a professional job .
Does that effect us negatively?
When can we reapply? Do we have to wait a year , 6 month or what is your suggestion.
Can we apply for two kinds of visa at the same time. Ie visitors and health visa?
What documents do we need or how do prepare for the next interview to increase our chances of success.
NB : we paid my childbirth bill in full but did not go to the interview with my recipt. I thought it’s not a big deal as I have a patient responsibility letter stating that.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
8212;Our resident/strong tie status Has being the same while we got our last visa.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
8212; the officer saying that my husband lied , does it means we are indirectly banned from entering the USA for the next 10years. Though we asked her if we can reapply she said yes.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.