Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Can a denial 9b2 9c1 be appalled or is there a waiver? My…

Can a denial 9b2...

Can a denial 9b2 9c1 be appalled or is there a waiver ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the U.S. government?

My husband was denied in his immigration app in ciudad Juárez elegible until 2024

Lawyer's Assistant: Has your husband talked to a lawyer about this?

All lawyers I talked to say no, I wanted to see if we can appeal on my own since I have no help

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just wanna know if I can apeal or there definitely nothing to do

3/15/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What visa did you apply for that was denied? What visa will you apply for?

I am a usa citizen and I was petitioning my husband

Did you spouse commit any type of fraud or this is just an issue that he has a 10 year bar for having been in the U.S. illegally for over a year?

no he entered illegally twice, all the lawyers have told me I cant do anything and wont help me my question is he was denied 03/12/2018, is there a appeal I can do or there is nothing else to do. he has no crime no fraud he entered illegally two times

He is currently outside of the U.S.? Did you file an I-601A waiver for him? The problem is probably that he was denied final approval because he had TWO illegal entries. Had it been just one, he most likely would have been approved if you got the pre-approval of the I-601A. Does that sound about right?

that is what happened, he is not eligibleuntil 2024, since there is nothing to do, my last question is the first time I did the petition it took years from start to finish will this be the same case or how soon can I start the process again if I decide to.
it took years from start to app date when I did the first petition

Well, what usually happens in these types of situations is that you can go forward but using the old I-601 waiver, not the new I-601A. The old I-601 waiver will take probably about 6 months or so to process, but sometimes they just want to "punish" him a little, make him suffer the 6 months outside of the U.S. before letting him come back.

You can look at this link to get more information on I-601 waivers. It is from the U.S. Embassy in Mexico:

https://mx.usembassy.gov/visas/waiver-process/

and here is another link:

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/centralized-filing-and-adjudication-form-i-601-application-waiver-grounds-inadmissibility

And here is a link to what extreme hardship is:

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2007,0717-scott.shtm

So if all works out well, he should be able to come back within 6 months to a year or so. I know it isn't ideal, but it is better than waiting 10 years.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

thank you so much I can try u have been a great help to me god bless and any little hope is hope I will do these suggestions all I have to do know is see who can help me thank you so much and it doesn't hurt trying thank you

You are very welcome, but PLEASE do not forget to rate me positively so that I can get credit for my assistance to you. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You may have to scroll up to the top of the page to see the stars/smiley faces. If you don't see them because perhaps you are using the mobile app, then try clicking on my name and they should come out. Since I am NOT given a salary, it is the only way the website will compensate me. You are NOT charged again and we can continue to communicate without additional charge if you have a few follow-up questions. Thank you!

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!