Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I got i797 notice of action. Coz i have applied for

Customer Question
I got i797 notice...

I got i797 notice of action

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Coz i have applied for permanent GC

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

Yes but my question is am i able to work w this paper?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just need answer on couple of quesf

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/15/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 1 month ago
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a few minutes to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 1 month ago

Once you have the green card in hand, you can work with it. A green card’s main purpose is to identify you as a person who has lawful permanent resident status. By law, employers in the U.S. are required to make sure all of their employees have the proper authorization to work in the country.

U.S. citizens and green card holders (lawful permanent residents) do not need an Employment Authorization Document to show work eligibility since it is an inherent benefit of the green card or citizenship. Another advantage that green card holders possess is the ability to travel freely in and out of the country, file petitions for unmarried children and spouses to live in the U.S., and more.

I hope this helps. Please go ahead and rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 1 month ago

Have I answered all your questions? If so, please rate me. I get no credit for my work for you unless you rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee.

Edward Young
Edward Young
Edward Young