Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am working on H1B visa (4th year). My employer submitted…

Hello I am working on H1B...
Hello
I am working on H1B visa (4th year). My employer submitted the PERM application and it is pending. Due to multiple reasons I am considering quitting my job and look for another job.
my Questions are:
1. If I quit while the PERM is pending, can that harm my abilities to get H1B or Green Card from a different employer? ( I am aware of that that I will need t start the process from the beginning). One attorney told me that it may be a problem from the immigration authorities view.
2. If I will be fired- will that cause any harm to future attempts of getting H1B visa or a Green Card with a different employer?Thank you!
3/15/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

1) No, it is as you state, you just have to start over with a new employer if the old employer decides not to go forward.

2) No, not really. This is common. But to do it safely, have a new employer file the H-1B transfer for you, you can pay to upgrade to Premium Processing, and only leave your current employer when the transfer is approved.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for your answer.
I would be interested in a telephone discussion. What will be the fee and how is it done?

I believe it would be a $59 upgrade but right now, it is not letting me send that offer to you. You might get it automatically.

Phone call session started

Hello. I tried calling. I will try calling again after lunch.

Thank you
Could you call after 5 pm east time or is that too late?
That should be fine.

I tried calling again. When would you like to schedule a call?

Sorry I did not see any call. Tomorrow 2-4? Or after 5

I can call now if you like.

please

Ok. Give me a minute. No need to respond.