Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Which certificates are required by my spouse at the

Which certificates are required...

Which certificates are required by my spouse at the immigrant visa interview

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

I got approved and now the file has been sent to Bombay for interview

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am a citizen of us

I have my dad as a cosigner in affidavit of support and I have two divorces.
3/14/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

They normally send her a letter stating when her interview is and a list of the things that she needs. Has she gotten that yet?

no. not yet NVC just emailed me that the case has been sent to Bombay US. embassy they will send her all the required forms for her medical soon with the date for her interview
I need to know all the things required at the interview that my wife has to take with her at the interview thanks whether any of my documents she is required to take and whether
nvc has asked me to send her my dad's passport photo copy does she need a certified copy or just a copy

Ok. Be patient. The letter that they will send her is pretty clear. She should take her birth certificate, any divorce certificates if she has been previously married, and a copy of your marriage certificate if you are married to her. They also most likely will ask for a medical certificate and a police certificate from any place that she has lived at for more than 6 months. I would take certified copies and regular copies to the interview, but the letter they will send her will be clear.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!