Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Good afternoons,i was filing for my fiancée and his two kids…

Customer Question
Good afternoons,i was filing...

Good afternoons,i was filing for my fiancée and his two kids but he passed away December 2nd before we could finalize the filing, could I continue filing for his children even though they are not my children and we were never married?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No I have not taken any steps' do not know what steps to take

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I am in New York and the children live in Jamaica

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/14/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Bruce Schreiber

Welcome & thank you for your question. I am the professional that will be assisting you. You question is unclear. Fiiing what?

I29 Fiance visa

Sorry, immigration law is not my expertise. I will opt out and allow another expert to respond.

Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

I'm so sorry to tell you this but no, it will not be possible to file for them because you two were never married and you had no approved petitions.

I'm very sorry for your loss and I wish I had better news. I Hope you can understand that I don't make the laws and I can't change them.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.

Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 3 months ago

??