Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My friend is submitting an application for TPS Renewal. She…

Hi. My friend is submitting...
Hi. My friend is submitting an application for TPS Renewal. She is from Honduras.We a have a couple questions about the TPS Renewal Application and also the Work Permit Renewal:1. On the I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status, on the first page we are not sure whether she should select box 1a or box 1b? Her situation is that she missed the deadline for filing her re-registration (and she is providing a letter of explanation with her application). However, as of this application, do you recommend we choose box 1a or 1b? The confusion is because of the "NOTE" provided under 1b.2. On the Work Permit I-765, what is the "eligibility category" for someone with TPS from Honduras? This is regarding question 20 on pg. 2.Thank you very much.
3/14/2018
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

You forgot to write FOR GUILLERMO. Anyway, it looks to be 1b to me. As to work permit, I think it would be under (a)(12) since it isn't an initial application, per se.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sir thank you very much!Just one quick followup. Do you know what the total price is for her, the TPS Renewal + the Work Permit Renewal?

$495

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello sir. Sorry for the followup, but can you please tell me the address the application needs to be sent out for someone applying for TPS Honduras?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nevermind. Found it.

Ok. Sorry, I was out for the evening.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.