Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I got a notice from uscis what does that mean. card. On

I got a notice...

I got a notice from uscis what does that mean

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

green card

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

On March 13, 2018, we began reviewing your Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, Receipt Number LIN. We mailed you a notice informing you of the action we intend to take on your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice and submit any requested materials. If you do not receive your notice by March 27, 2018, please call Customer Service at 1-***-***-****. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. I am working with my university where I work as an assistant professor so no outside lawyer

3/14/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

When was the I-140 filed for you? What country were you born in? What category was it filed in? Are you particularly worried about anything specific? What is your current status? Please try to answer each question. Thank you.

I-140 was filed on 19th January.
Premium processing requested on March 1st. I am from India. Filed under EB1b
My current status is H1b

Ok. With Premium Processing, this is normal. So what questions do you have for me?

My question is does that mean I am going to get NOID or it can be RFE too?
hello can you address this

I seriously doubt you would get an NOID. But most likely you will get an RFE. Not specifically because of the notice but just because I have heard that across the board, all employment cases, whether non-immigrant or immigrant processes, issuing of RFEs are up around 40%. This is what I have heard but do not have concreate proof of it other than pretty much most people are reporting one or even two RFEs. For now, just be patient. Since it is in Premium Processing, IF they issue an RFE, you will know quickly and you will have most likely up to 80 something days to respond. When you respond, it will continue to process under Premium Processing. They may then either issue an approval, or another RFE, or a NOID (which you will also have a chance to respond to), and finally, they can issue you a denial. So just be patient for now and see what happens. Not much you can do until they reply anyway.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!

when they issue RFE online status says the same thing?

I rarely go by what it says online. Sometimes they do not update it quickly and even accurately. Stick to email and mail notifications.

Okay. what message is reflected when I140 is approved?

Is should say the date of approval and specify that it was approved, but I don't want you obsessing over the online updates. As I said, sometimes they do not update quickly or accurately.

*It

Thank you very much. It is helpful

My pleasure!

I just learnt from my employer that it is indeed a NOID
What are my chances with NOID
are you there?

Not good. I really depends on what the NOID says.

is there any chance noid
if we file again without premium processing will that be better?

Of course there is a chance! If there wasn't a chance, they would just have issued a denial, not an NOID. And I cannot say if it will be better if you file again. It all depends on what the NOID says and what you can respond to it. If you file again and the same will result, then it is not smart to file again. Better to respond to the NOID.

ok. will you be able to evaluate noid

That's what your company has their attorney for. Document review would be an additional fee, unfortunately.

In your experience have you seen noid change to approval how much do I have to pay you so you can review my recipt

It happens. I cannot tell you what the statistic is. As far as to review, I am not allowed to discuss that on the open forum, but talk to your company and their attorney first, then if you aren't happy with their review, come back and let me know and we can discuss in private.