Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

FOR GUILLERMO Which affidavit of support does someone coming…

FOR GUILLERMOWhich affidavit of support...
FOR GUILLERMOWhich affidavit of support does someone coming into the U.S. on a Fiancé Visa submit to their embassy abroad? Is it the I-134 or the I-864? The instructions for the DS-160 tell me to submit one or the other. Isn’t the I-864 affidavit relevant for when the K-1 Visa holder adjusts status?Also, on the DS-160, there’s a question that asks about travel for the past 5 years. Does this mean travel worldwide or just to the U.S. Further, as a Canadian citizen, is there a way I can obtain my travel dates to and from the U.S. if I do not have an I-94 record?
3/14/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

It should be the I-134. Travel worldwide. Try this link:

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

If you cannot get exact dates, just estimate.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Great, thank you!
Does the travel question in the last 5 years pertain to US travel or all travel in the past 5 years?

All travel.

Thanks!

My pleasure.