Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

FOR GUILLERMO I have a question about an I-130 petition. So…

FOR GUILLERMOHello sir. I have...
FOR GUILLERMOHello sir. I have a question about an I-130 petition. So the situation is that a U.S. citizen wants to petition his wife and two minor children. My questions are:1. Can the wife, and the two minor children be included in the same I-130 application? Or would one have to pay separate application fees for each person?2. This person who is a U.S. Citizen is planning on going to the home country of the beneficiary right now and getting married there and then coming back here to U.S. to petition to bring her and her kids over. This can be done, right? I mean, I am assuming that USCIS will allow for the marriage certificate to be from the home country of the beneficiary?
3/13/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

1) No. If the petitioner was an LPR, yes, but since the petitioner is a USC, each person has to have a separate I-130.

2) Yes.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

OK. So is it only the form I-130 for each child, but for the wife it is the I-130 and I-130A? And no other applications involved?

Yes, correct. Later on, he will get instructions on having to submit an I-864 for each.

Thank you sir.And I sent over a quick followup question about a question you answered for me on 06 March 2018 05:34. I would really appreciate your help on the followup when you get a chance.

No problem. Let me look...

Thanks and there is one additional followup in that thread when you have some time. I just want to make sure I understand correctly.

Ok.