Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am a G4 visa holder I would like to work as freelancer can…

Customer Question
Hi, this is Abdullah. ...

Hi, this is Abdullah.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

I am a G4 visa holder I would like to work as freelancer can I do that?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really, my question is very basic

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/13/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Basically, I am a freelancer registered in Upwork. However, I am G4 visa holder and would like to work as freelancer as well in my free time. Can I lawfully do that?
Hi, are you there?

Unfortunately no. When you have any work visa, you can only work for that employer. Any other work would be considered unlawful employment. It may go without being known, but the risk is up to you.

I'm sorry. I wish I had better news. I hope you can understand that I don't make the laws and I can't change them.

Hope you can rate me based on the consult and not on good or bad news.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.

Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 3 months ago

??