Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My file i-751 has just been sent from main uscis to the

My file i-751 has...

My file i-751 has just been sent from main uscis to the local center for request removal conditions . How likely does this mean we will have to attend an interview ? And do i have to bring my minor child ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Well yes and they said most likely there will be an interview so i am just double checking online if most likely is a sure or still can be just not happening . I honestly did not enjoy that first interview and it just gives me this stress again as before even being real family

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just how likely i will have an interview now that my file i-751 was sent to local office so i can mentally prepare

3/13/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Ok thanku
Just to complete more info .
I filed removal w all proofs in may 2017 and did fingerprints soon after . Now online sudden i notice my case being recived at the local Californian office and my lawyer said owe : thats for sure for an interview .
Now my first interview was pretty stressful so im not so excited about that .
So how sure will this be an interview when my file has been sent to local office ?
And will my daughter have to join as a minor ?

It has become more common to have an interview for the I-751. If it's in the local field office, it is very possible that you will be called for an interview. However, It should not be as stressful as the first interview especially if you're still married and submitted plenty of documentation for the marriage. This should be a faster interview, don't worry.

I see you would like a phone call but the payment is not going through.

i noticed too . Its fine like this .
So you would say lately its very usual to have an interview when filibg i-751 ? Yes we r still married and share many things i filed documentation so will they request extra new dokumentation ?

Yes, it has become more common. Since it's been a year since you submitted it, it's a good idea to take additional updated documents if you do get called in such as the newest taxes, recent bank statements, updated insurance, bills, pictures, etc.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Hi again, i have more questions .