Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a friend visiting me here in Newport Beach from

Customer Question
I have a friend...

I have a friend visiting me here in Newport Beach from Honduras We had a doctors appointment for her last week, and discovered she has very uncontrolled diabetes and needs medication and proper care. Her Visa will expire after March 15 or 16. She is due to fly back tomorrow night, but she will have to leave without receiving the medical care she needs. Is it possible to get an extension on her Visa, and is a month possible. How do I go about it?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/13/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

So did she enter the US on a visitor visa, B1/B2?

She is here on a visitor visa, B1/B2 She arrived on January 14 and was planning to leave March 15 at 1:00AM

OK, I know you said her visa expires, but once she is in the US, her visa is not important. What is important is her I-94.

Do you know when her I-94 expires? If she does not know this information or was not given an I-94, then she needs to go here to get it: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home. Go there and let me know when that expires. Then I can better assist you.

I will check about the I-94. Her visa is good til July.

OK, no problem. Please let me know when you have that information.