Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I need help with my card i am not working but I just get…

Hello my name is...

Hello my name is ***** ***** I need help with my green card i am not working but I just get welfare

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes i need

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that yet

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

How are you applying for the green card?

I did apply the green card but I don't sent it yet
Phone call session started

I tried calling you back and someone answered but did not speak. Take a look at this link:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-90

That's the form you need to renew or replace your green card. If you don't have money pay for it, you can ask for a fee waiver. Here is the link:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-912

Please let me know if you want me to call you back to discuss and when. Thank you!