Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I was wanting to help my illegal friend fly to Houston. Can…

Customer Question
Good morning. I was...

Good morning. I was wanting to help my illegal friend fly to Houston. Can he get an id to travel domestically? He has a work permit, but no dl as he does not drive.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No and I'm willing to do that if there is any possibility he can fly domestically. he has been here 19 years.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/13/2018
Immigration Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 4 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Has he tried to get an ID card?

I don't know - I'm sorry. I should have more info. I just thought to ask. He has a work permit - I'm sure it has his picture.
I'm happy to hire an attorney IF I know it will lead to domestic flights at least until 2020.
I'm sorry. I'm traveling and need to keep my cc freed up. How do I put him directly in touch with you? Can we search by your code 22477:? Is it possible? That's all I need to know. If you don't mind please.
I am going to opt out as the site is not able to obtain an card for him. Maybe another expert can assist. Sorry for the delay.
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

How does he have a work permit? Did he get it through DACA? What country is he from?

You're so kind. He is from Guatemala. I'm getting with him tonight and I'll have more information about his he got his work permit but I'm assuming another immigration attorney but I don't know. I have a gut feeling he has no knowledge of assistance from Daca. He came here at the age of 19. He's 46 now.

Then he probably does not have DACA. How does he have a work permit? Take your time. Respond later when you have the information.

I'm not paying the $59 "today". I will save this link and call you on or after the 30th
Ok. Thanks. I will.

No problem. Take your time.