Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Woow thazt was quick. I. I have freind whom comes from Ghana…

Customer Question
Woow thazt was quick ...

Woow thazt was quick

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have freind whom comes from Ghana she was coming to meet me at perth air port we did not meet i beleived she got return ticket got to singapore ran in to problems with passport

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Now i beleive she was on that plane so how do we find out also i have an email requesting money

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/13/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Quite honestly, the fact that she's emailing to ask for money makes it extremely unlikely that she was ever on the plane. It's very common for scam artists to strike up friendships with people in Australia, UK, Canada, and US and try to talk them out of getting money. They pretend they're coming to visit, but something always goes wrong, and they always wind up asking for money. Usually before they pretend to be getting on the plane, but also after.

The fact that she would go back to Singapore rather than Ghana doesn't make a lot of sense, and also makes it seem more like a scam.

The staring point is to ask her to send a copy of her plane ticket, receipt for purchasing it, and any documentation she got when they turned her away. You can try calling the airlines to see if they'll confirm whether she was on the flight, but most probably will not without a court order. You can also try contacting customs. It's possible someone there will at least tell you whether a person by that name attempted entry. That's your starting point.

If you can tell me anything else about this person, I may be able to give you more information.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok do i explain again
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what has happened

Only if you have more to add beyond what you said above.

But there's a lot of information not there that could be useful: how did you meet? Did she ask for money before making this trip? What is the nature of your relationship? Have you ever met in person?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok s he came by british air ways ticket number 007330145311 leavin g ghana on23 feb arriving at perth airport on25 feb if she did come she was stoped on her return trip home i have no info on that but she flew by british airways word traveller ticket to perth n itoiflight qf0078

Then the starting point would be if British Airways is willing to confirm that information. If she sent you any sort of confirmation, you may also want to compare it to photos of what their notices/confirmations typically look like.

I will say, though, that the flight time from Ghana to Perth should be about 19 hours. It shouldn't have taken two days to make the trip. That's another reason to be suspicious of her story.

Do you have any other questions about this?

Lucy, Esq., Attorney