Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have to apply for immigration visa for my son’s wife who…

I have to apply...

I have to apply for immigration visa for my son’s wife who is in Pakistan.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Me and my son are green card holders since May,18th.2011 while my spouse has gotten US citizenship on 22nd February 2018.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet I even don’t know lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The fees and documents required?

3/12/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Just to be sure, you are asking how your US citizen son can petition for his wife who is in Pakistan now? Is that correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My son is not yet citizen. He is a Lawful Permanent Resident
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My son is 19 plus and is studying while I own a small business
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have to pray right now and will be back in 30 minuets

Okay, if I am not here, I will be back later. I will send you response now.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am back now

He must submit form I-130 and form 130A. Remember throughout he's the beneficiary.

Also need this:

- Copy of his birth certificate with translation

- Copy of wife's birth certificate with translation

- Copy of green card

- proof of bonafides , of the relationship

- 1 passport style photo each. and fee $535

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney