Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My brother got denied for visiting visa to my wedding what…

My brother got denied...

My brother got denied for visiting visa to my wedding what can I do

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I really want him to come just for my wedding

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm a citizen Wedding is in May

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Thanks

Tried to accept your call but the payment failed. I can answer you here instead.

What was the reason his visa was denied? What country is he is? Does he have a good, steady job? Does he own property? Bank account?

They said he doesn't have a permanent job. He's in Monrovia Liberia. And In school
Hello

Unfortunately, that is why he was denied. He does not have sufficient significant ties to Liberia and the US government may believe there is a high risk that he will stay in the US illegally. It is hard to overcome this unless the person has a good job in their country and/or owns properties, has community ties, etc. Even with a big event like his sister's wedding, they can many times we be very difficult when it comes to this. He can try to apply again but again unfortunately the chances are not great. He should take proof that he's coming for your wedding and that you are his sister and you are a US citizen. Tell him to take your and his birth certificate, your wedding invitation and your US passport.

I'm sorry, I wish I had better news. I hope you can understand that I don't make the laws and I can't change them and sometimes there is no perfect answer that we want to hear. I hope you can rate me based on the service and not on good or bad news.

-----------------

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

He has a temp job and is in school. How will he get my passport and birth certificate

You can email or fax him a copy of your passport picture page and birth certificate and wedding invitation. He should take his own birth certificate as well and proof of the job and school.

Can he apply like tomorrow again this just happened last week

Yes, there is no time period that he must wait.

Hope this helped and hope you can kindly leave a rating for the service.

Thank you so much of course

Thank you! :)

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney