Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My husband applied for his card. He entered the country

My husband applied for...

My husband applied for his green card. He entered the country through a K-1 visa, fiancée visa, and followed all the rules, got married to me, etc. We filed for the adjustment of status 15 months ago, and now we have an interview to meet with immigration. The letter says “if not previously submitted, bring a current medical report, (Form I-693)”. My question is, considering he submitted the medical report in Canada to obtain the K-1 visa, does he need to get another medical for this interview?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No, he has his work permit and has been working since June, but the work permit expires next month. We thought we would have the green card by now. The interview is the end of this month

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, he has his work permit and has been working since June, but the work permit expires next month. We thought we would have the green card by now. The interview is the end of this month.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Possibly, but that is the main question. Possibly, but that is the main question.

3/12/2018
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the report is more than 1 year old, which it is, you need to submit a CURRENT I-693 form and bring it with you to the interview. Even though he previously submitted one, it is now no longer current, so bring a current one with you to the interview.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.