Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am just doing some research into my situation. I am a UK…

Hi there, I am...

Hi there, I am just doing some research into my situation. I am a UK citizen who has an E-2 Visa and lives in Texas. I would like to bring my Fiance here too; currently she visits now and again to the confines of her ESTA.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

What would be the best way for her to obtain a visa? I hold an E-2 Visa

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

My English company has set up an office in the USA which I run. Not yet. I am trying to establish the best route forward. I understand Marriage would be the easiest way but that can't happen for another 6 months or so, and I don't know if the immigration officers here would get suspicious if she comes in and out a few times over that period.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm not sure. I just need advice, whether there is a different way or what the best route forward is.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/12/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Thank you so much

The only way for you to bring your fiance through your visa would be for you two to get married. Once she is married to you, she can request an E-2 visa in the US embassy or consulate in the UK. She would have to take proof of your E-2 status together with your marriage certificate. Then she can enter the US with that visa and remain in the US as long as your E-2 is valid.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney