Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My husband had interview at US Embassy in Albania in May…

My husband had interview...

My husband had interview at US Embassy in Albania in May 2017. They said he needs I-212 9B2. Our attorney turned in all new I 601 and I 212. We haven't heard anything, what dose the 9B2 mean

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in NC now

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The attorney filed all new I-601 and I-212

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The lawyer says he filed expedite waiver but we haven't seen a receipt to probe it. We have been doing this for 8 years now

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/12/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

YOUR QUESTION: what dose the 9B2 mean

I believe what you are referring to is the section of the INA (Immigration and Nationality Act) §212(a)(9)(B)(i)(II) which says that "any alien who has been unlawfully present in the United States (presence in the United States after the expiration of lawful status or presence in the United States without being admitted or paroled) for 12 months or more is excludable for 10 years from the US."

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

why did our attorney file and us pay for I-601 and I-212 again? We can't get attorney to call us back, he isn't answering emails. Should we hire someone else to do this last thing

What you mean "again."? So you have submitted the I-601 and I-212 twice?

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
When my husband received the denial paper from Embassy, attorney filed I-601 and I-212 for a second time. Now we can't see anything about our case online and we don't understand what is going on.

You may want to consider going to the attorney's office and asking for a copy of the receipt notices from USCIS to you can check the status of the applications. You can also let the attorney know that you will be filing a bar complaint in your state unless you hear back from him.

I hope this helps and hope you can kindly leave a good rating today.