Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Can US citizen residing in SEATTLE can apply I-130 for

Can US citizen residing...

Can US citizen residing in SEATTLE can apply I-130 for his/her sister alien relative in F4 category at USCIS service centre at POTOMAC or NEBErska

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My daughter will be moving to USA on F1 visa from INDIA in AUG 2018.Her brother is now us citizen & lives in seattle.Because there is backlog in califonia service center of USCIS so chice is POTOMAC

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Nil,i am confused,if an I_130 is moved while she is in india,she might be denied F1 visa?

My daughter is also having valid B1/B2 visa of USA.She is expected to go to Suffolk university Boston for her MBA studies if F1 visa is granted
3/12/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Unfortunately he cannot choose which center processes the I-130. If he lives in Washington state, then he must file at this address:

USCIS
ATTN: I-130
PO Box 21700
Phoenix, AZ 85036

If it helps, there is a very long wait for F4 brother/sister category to have a green card available. The wait time for India right now is about 14 years. This means that even if the I-130 is approved, there is still a wait time of 14 years before a green card is available to the sister. Therefore, there is really no hurry to have the I-130 approved. As long as it is submitted, that will hold her place in line.

I'm sorry, I wish I had better news. I hope you can understand that I don't make the laws and I can't change them. Hope you can rate me based on my service and not on good or bad news.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney