Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I want to ask a question or two about the travel ban. We've…

Customer Question
Hi, I want to...

Hi, I want to ask a question or two about the travel ban. We've applied for a k-1 visa, and just received packet3. my fiance is from syria, so we are pretty sure we'll get denied at the interview. But with SCOTUS decision on the travel ban due in June, how can we delay the interview until then? Looking for suggestions.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/12/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team replied 1 month ago
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, it is up to USCIS to set interviews. The only way to delay is for good cause, such as illness with proof from a doctor or by withdrawing the K-1 and then waiting and filing it again in May, which should get you time to see what the SCOTUS decides in June.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.