Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

How can a beneficiary remain in USA if his current visa

Customer Question
How long can a...

How long can a beneficiary remain in USA if his current visa expires and he is still waiting for decision at USCIS appeals court?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Yes. I am petitioner.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Appeal is for permanent residency for Religious Worker.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/12/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

How was the case appealed? Was it by filing an I-290B? How long has it been pending? When did their I-94 expire?

Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 1 month ago
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a few minutes to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Ely, Counselor at Law