Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have been flagged at the Detroit border after entering the…

I have been flagged...

I have been flagged at the Detroit border after entering the us for 20yrs.over a matter from 1967,***** ***** who is not me. What do I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No i really don't know what you mean

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that they are questioning about this ***** *****, and Cleveland Ohio

3/11/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Please tell me exactly what happened to you, with details and where you are now and what your questions are?

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
I was held at the border in Detroit on mar.9/2018 going into the states.I was questioned for 1 1/2 hrs on a Matter that happened in 1967 by this ***** ***** which is not me,but somehow she used my name. They are not refuseing me entry,but I cant go through this all the time. I also have an enhanced driver lic. I have been crossing the border for over 20yrs. now this is happening. I don't understand this. My husband is a owner operator,we own are own truck he has a fast card. We are in and out of the States all the time. I also spend winter in florida from Jan. to May. So what can I do., and what can they do to me.
Phone call session started
Did you get my payment?

Here is the website to make the inquiry. https://trip.dhs.gov/

Hi Jen Marie: I have gone into USCIS, and I am getting no where They tell me to go to go to DHS Traveler Redress Inquirery I fill out the form, but it wont let me send it. I do not know what I am doing wrong . Or if I even have the right document. Please help.

USCIS office cannot help you. I had mentioned that you have to fill out the DHs Traveler Redress. That is the website that I sent you https://trip.dhs.gov/

Go to that website and on the bottom, hit "Next." Then fill out the next page with all your information.