Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I need advise about my case. so I failed my citizen test,

Customer Question
I need advise about...

I need advise about my case. so I failed my citizen test, because I had some issue with a low in a past, like 5 years ago. They said that I am not good moral character and on this circumstances that would warrant departure from this finding. So I need request for hearing on Form N-336. I want to ask if I need to get a attorney to help make complete this paper work and do I have a chance to win my case

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

I leave in Washington state

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet, just got letter from immigration yesturday

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't really know I never was in this situation befor

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/11/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

What were you convicted of ?

Judith

I got DUI 9 years ago, I was driving with suspended license, I was stoped by police with no enterlock in my car and I was done shoplifting 5 years ago by accident
I don't want to pay this money . if I find out that you charge me with money I would not be happy , buy. I did not know that it cost so much money . do not call me
I am done with you
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

If you would like to continue with me, what was the shoplifting case closed including time on probation?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

I'd like to help, but if you do not respond, it makes if very difficult.

When was the shoplifting case closed including time on probation?