Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I want to bring my Fiancé from Russia for a visit and then…

I want to bring...

I want to bring my Fiancé from Russia for a visit and then visit her in the fall as well. What kind of process needs to be started?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No what type of paperwork is needed ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No that’s why I am consulting you?

3/11/2018
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

Your fiance will need to pursue her own visitor visa by applying online using the form DS-160.

Here is the link which gives her a step by step instruction on how to apply for the visa online and then to pay the fees and schedule her in-person interview.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ru-niv-typeb1b2.asp

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How about myself visiting Russia? I need a passport and visa as well?

This is a US immigration law category, we do not have a Russia law category but I will do a search for you on requirements for you to visit Russia.

Give me a few minutes.

Here you go, you do need a visa.

Scroll down to "ENTRY, EXIT AND VISA REQUIREMENTS"

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/RussianFederation.html

If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Last question. Am I reading this correct? I would need to stay no less than 6 months ? $10,000 declares as well? If true they don’t make it easy to visit for just a couple weeks. Wow and it doesn’t sound like a safe place to visit.

If you have more than $100,000 in currency you must declare it.

You cannot stay more then 6 consecutive months.

If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. We are not compensated without you taking the time to click on the 5 stars.

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer