Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Can I apply for I-485 ( adjustment Status ) based on my wife…

Hello,Can I apply for I-485...
Hello,Can I apply for I-485 ( adjustment Status ) based on my wife green card while i have TPS since its considered Legal status? I applied before for Adjustment status but i was on Pending Asylum Status & its rejected due to its not considered as legal status but now as they open TPS for Syrian again so if applied for TPS can I reapply again for Adjustment status based on my previous I-130 approval? also is there any way to utilize my previous application ( I-485 ) which rejected before 3 months ). Please advise ( if you can check my old correspondence with you in this website so you might understand more my case )
Looking to hear from you.
Thanks,
Hussam
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What was the original visa you used to enter the U.S.?

B1/B2 visa but after that I entered again in advance parole based on my first adjustment status application which denied before 2 months because out of status ( pending asylum)

Well, if you can maintain the TPS long enough for the Priority Date of your I-130 to become current which is about a year and 2 or 3 months, then yes, you could then file an I-485 to do adjustment of status through your LPR spouse.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks but do I have to apply again for I-130 or I can use the one already approved before 3 years and based on that old one I applied my first I-485 which got denied ?!

Sorry about the delay. I was off for the weekend doing some charity work. Anyway, you do not have to file a new I-130. You used the previously approved one.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Thanks for your reply. Have a great day.

You are very welcome. Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!